Tuesday, October 7, 2008

And now for something completely different....


I've enjoyed listening to Metallica for many years now but stopped some time after high school (in 1992). I wasn't alone and most of my friends agreed the new self titled album was rubbish....well most of it was. The next decade was dissapointment over and over again until only just recently.


Fast forward to the fall of 2008 and the guys from Metallica along with Rick Rubin have put together a masterpiece. Death Magnetic is as close to the 'real' Metallica we've all grown to love.


Maybe it was the death of the hair metal bands of the late 80's and early 90's that caused them to re-think their format but someone smarter than me knows for sure. All I know today is that this latest album freakin' rocks.


So far my favorite track has to be All Nightmare Long.


No comments:

Post a Comment