Well now that OCS R2 has the ability to remove the + sign from outgoing SIP INVITE commands via WMI, I thought I would share with you the process for making this happen.
- Click on the START menu and click Run
- Type 'wbemtest' and click OK
- Click the Connect button and make sure it says 'root\cimv2' then click Connect
- Click the Enum Classes button and click OK (don't type in anything into the text box)
- Scroll down until you see 'MSFT_SIPMediationServerConfigSetting' then double-click it
- Click the Instances button then double-click the single object (this looks very similar to the previous screen)
- Scroll down to the bottom and double-click on 'RemovePlusFromRequestURI'
- Type in 'TRUE' and click Save Property
- Click the Save Object button then the Close button
- Restart your Mediation Server service
Now when you make outbound calls you can trace the SIP messages and should see your e.164 numbers without a + sign.